“Those who educate children well are more to be honoured than they who produce them; for these only gave them life, those the art of living well.”
Working in a challenging and dynamic domain for a conducive work atmosphere and growth of students, Mrs Sunita Gupta, as the Principal of Air Force Bal Bharati School, has led the school responsibly by augmenting high performing teams, managing diverse functions of administration and public dealing and envisaging a knowledge society.
An alumnus of Delhi University, her proficiency in Accountancy and Business studies has assiduously aided the management in planning and executing a robust budget without compromising the safe and healthy environment of the school. She has been instrumental in effectively conceptualizing, planning and executing administrative , academic and co-curricular activities.
Well equipped with managerial skills and leadership qualities, her dynamic persona has been inspirational in introducing pedagogical changes and creating a vibrant teaching and learning environment.
Having 28 fruitful years of experience as an educationist, she has proudly shouldered the responsibility of the holistic development of 250 staff members along with 3500 students of Air Force Bal Bharati School.
Under her able guidance the school has made immense progress from being ranked at 6th position in Central Zone, Delhi in 2018 survey by Times of India, to 3rd position in 2019 -2020.
She has been honoured with many awards and accolades from various organizations for her contribution to holistic education.
Achievements and Awards :
Mrs Sunita Gupta has been awarded the State Teachers Award 2019 by the Delhi Govt. in recognition for the valuable contribution towards uplifting the standards of teaching.
- She has been felicitated as Neutral Head (H. O. S.) Zone–25, Distt. South East, by the Directorate of Education, G. N. C. T. of Delhi on 14th Feb’ 2019.
- SchoolStars Leadership Award for recognition of Excellence in Co-Curricular Education for the school’s exemplary commitment to holistic education was presented to her on Jan’ 2019
- Guru Drona Award for excellence in the field of Education by SRM University in association with Action Committee of Unaided Recognized Private School. was bestowed on her on 14th Dec 2018
- She was honoured with the Best Co-operative Principal Award 2017-18, at the Zonal Sports and Cultural Function by the Directorate of Education, G. N. C. T. of Delhi in Zone -25, Distt. South East.
- Prachi Educational Society felicitated her for distinguished service in the field of education on the occasion of International Women’s Day on 8th March’ 2018 by
- Under her aegis ,Ayush Friendly School of the year Award was presented to Air Force Bal Bharati School on 29th March 2018, for its contribution in promoting Yoga and Naturopathy.
Her strength lies in her meticulous planning and execution, logical thinking, efficient problem solving abilities and effective communication skills.
Her firm belief in intra personal relationship in the professional field with every employee and student has enabled them to flourish .
She strongly believes in imparting ‘Gyan’, ‘Vidya’ and ‘Shiksha’ to enable students to grow wings and learn beyond the classrooms.
Her dream projects enlisted below have been realized and provide limitless happiness to the young scholars and their mentors alike :
- Converted an old school van into a playhouse for the tiny-tots.
- Created an Educational Activity Zone with meaningful wall murals along with paintings of engaging games on the floor in the Junior School.
- Collaborated with enthusiastic students in selecting the colour of their classroom wall, giving them a sense of belonging.
- Converted classrooms into vibrant areas of learning by introducing individual Bulletin Boards.
- Strengthened the school security system by installing CCTV cameras, further intensifying the security by surrounding the school with barbed wire fences.
- Promoted the spirit of sportsmanship, believing in the motto ‘Catch them Young’, identifying potential sportstars under KHELO INDIA KHELO scheme,has been a successful, endeavor bringing home a shower of laurels.
- Prestigious annual events like the school festival Rendezvous, Annual Day, Sports Day, Investiture Ceremony etc. have earned appreciation from all quarters, boosting the confidence and morale of the teachers and the taught alike.
- Groomed students for larger role in life by providing them a platform to hone their organizational skills, giving them an opportunity to extend a helping hand in rebuilding the confidence of the distraught victims of Kerala disaster with mission
- Sensitized the students regarding the needs of the deprived, regular interactions ensured with proactive organizations like Goonj, Red Cross, Mother Teresa’s Home, HT Pace etc.
- Instilled the concept of ‘Reduce, Reuse and Recycle’, students motivated to get actively involved in Paper Recycling. Collaborating with the organization named
JAAGRUTI, useful bookmarks and notepads of various sizes made for school use optimizing the ‘Save Paper Drive’.
- Inculcated the spirit of respecting and nurturing Nature, a fresh facelift given to the surroundings of the school campus by embellishing the entrance with waterfall.